POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Spheres on the Tcheckhardt Plain (WIP) - 2 images : Re: The Spheres on the Tcheckhardt Plain (WIP) - 2 images Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:36:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Spheres on the Tcheckhardt Plain (WIP) - 2 images
From: Alain
Date: 18 Sep 2006 20:35:26
Message: <450f3b4e$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 18/09/2006 09:33:
> Just thought I'd post this for comments and a question.
>
> Question: I intend to place more objects in the scene. One of the spheres
> needs to reflect a no_image object and its shadow but I don't want the
> shadow showing on the plain surface. Any suggestions would be helpful. I've
> also included a close-up of one sphere's surface just to show the
> highlight - note the specularity.
>
> John

Not tested.
Maybe by making the plain no_reflection no_shadow so that it don't show in the
reflections but shows directly. Then using another plain just below, only
visible in the reflections with double_illuminate. Place a second light_source
under your scene and project_trough a negative light with an inverted copy of
the "ghost" object to make the shadow appears.
The no_shadow for the top surface permit the bottom one to receive the main
light and cast shadows. The gap between the two surfaces must be very small
comparatively to the scene scale.

--
Alain
At the feast of ego everyone leaves hungry.